- “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.”
- “The key to success is to focus our conscious mind on things we desire not things we f fear.”
- “Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.”
- “Obstacles are necessary for success because in selling, as in all careers of importance, victory comes only after many struggles and countless defeats.”
- “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.”
- “If you can’t control your anger, you are as helpless as a city without walls waiting to be attacked.”
The Book of Proverbs
- A mediocre person tells. A good person explains. A superior person demonstrates. A great person inspires others to see for themselves.”
- “Freedom, privileges, options, must constantly be exercised, even at the risk of inconvenience.”
- “Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live.”
- “You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want.”
- “The number of times I succeed is in direct proportion to the number of times I can fail and keep on trying.”
- “You have everything you need to build something far bigger than yourself.”
Hume Management and Consulting
WordPress.com is excited to announce our newest offering: a course just for beginning bloggers where you’ll learn everything you need to know about blogging from the most trusted experts in the industry. We have helped millions of blogs get up and running, we know what works, and we want you to to know everything we know. This course provides all the fundamental skills and inspiration you need to get your blog started, an interactive community forum, and content updated annually.
Consumer confidence hits post-recession peak. Best reading since February 2008
Here are a few quotes from Steve Goldstein and Ruth Mantell from Marketwatch. All good signs!
“The Conference Board said its consumer confidence index rose to 73.7 in November from 73.1 in October. That’s above the 72.2 level forecast in a MarketWatch-compiled survey of economists and the best level since February 2008. The October reading was upwardly revised from 72.2”.
As we see the economy improving a bit, home prices are rising, wages are increasing and the job market is improving we see Consumer confidence rising.
“The University of Michigan said it was the most favorable outlook for the unemployment rate since 1984 — at a time when the jobless rate is 7.9%”.
“Four of the 10 leading LEI indicators made positive contributions in October, led by the interest-rate spread. Other positive contributions came from a leading-credit index, weekly jobless claims and manufacturers’ new orders for core capital goods”.
As we look at the ship called America it appears we are no longer in a “list” position but it appears we have righting moment. It will still take time and patience but I think we are on the right course.
Hume Management and Consulting